Senior Lecturer, Nursing, University of Birmingham, UK
IPONS Treasurer 2020-2023
I am particularly interested in how philosophy can help clinical practice.
I have been an active member of IPONS since 2011.
- With M. Ferkany. “A comparison of approaches to virtue for nursing ethics,” Ethical Perspectives 26(3) 427-457 (2019).
- “Morality, Normativity and Measuring Moral Distress.” Nursing Philosophy, e12319 (2020). DOI: 10.1111/nup.12319
- With A. Hewison, J. Graves, and A. Doyle. “Human Rights Education in Patient Care: A literature review,” Nursing Ethics (2020) DOI: 10.1177/0969733020921512
- DMedEth 2011, Medical Ethics, University of Keele, UK
- MA 2000, Philosophy, Birkbeck College University of London, UK